Friday, November 13, 2009

Currently on Repeat: The XX

After I read all the amazing reviews on The XX after CMJ I had to check them out. And I have to say, they are pretty amazing.
The band hails from South West London and really lends a new vibe to the current music scene. I like how there are two lead singers in the band (Romy and Oliver) and even better than one of them is a girl. It gives the band a very original sound.

Their songs are somewhat melancholic but soothing. Even if you are not into the whole music hype I promise you will like them. Their self-titled album is such an easy listen, every song is great.

Their upcoming show at the Bowery Ballroom sold out but I got tickets to their Webster Hall show on 12/5 and I can't wait! If you've never heard them before, check out
Crystalised. Romy's voice is so sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment