Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rock Royalty in Brooklyn

Last night a friend called me that he had an "extra ticket" to the sold out The Dead Weather gig (aka paid bouncer $20 to let me in!). So i put on my boots and raced to the Music Hall of Williamsburg.

To be honest, I had heard of Jack White's new band but really hadn't checked out their music. I was definitely in for a surprise. The band was insanely good. The lead singer, Alison Mosshart from The Kills, was HARDCORE! Her voice was amazing and although she looked like she was possessed (seriously) she still managed to look gorgeous.

The other band members include Dean Fertita (of Queens of the Stone Age) and Jack Lawrence (of The Raconteurs). Overall, an awesome night. Those $20 to the bouncer were well spent...yeah, I don't how that got me in either.







Wish I took better pics. But cut me some slack. I'm 5'4 with a point and shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment