Sunday, February 20, 2011

Eat.Here.Now: John's Pizzeria




One of the highest expectations you can have about living in New York City is eating amazing pizza all the time. That, you learn, isn't necessarily true. Maybe 7 out of 10 times you won't be disappointed (especially if you are eating it at 3:00AM) but even that can make you feel like NY pizza is overrated.


On Friday, my boyfriend's roomate turned 30 and we celebrated it at John's. Little did I know it was an old-school pizzeria (my bf left that part out) so I was decked out as if I was going to Spice Market. Much to my pleasant surprise, the pizza was beyond amazing. Paper thin crust, perfectly salted mozzarella, and fresh toppings of onions, olives, peppers, sausage and meatball filled our small white plates. Service was fantastic and the beer ever-flowing.

If you live in New York City or just visiting, be sure to stop at this small, easy-to-miss spot on Bleecker. There will be a wait, just like any other great New York staple, but I promise it will meet your expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment