Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mama's Day

One of the hardest things in life would be to not have a mother, whether it is because she has passed, she abandoned you or simply because she is an absentee parent .  I have not dealt with either of these scenarios, which I am so thankful for, but I live far away from my mother and only see her a few times a year...sometimes in just two occasions for 14 days in total out of the year.  As much as I love NY and my life here, I think about the life she has back home, with my dad, and it hurst me that we are not closer.  It hurts that we haven't built so many memories in the past 5 years and I wonder what I can do to close that gap. Our love for each other has not been affected, of course. We talk every day and I think about her constantly and what she is doing, thinking, throughout the day.  Although she is far, she is very near to my heart and still guides me to this day.  I love her unconditionally and I am thinking of her today, el dia de las madres.  To all of the ladies out there celebrating with their mamas, enjoy and know how lucky you are.  To those who do not have her by their side, honor her and remember her.  Te amo, mama. 

My favorite pictures of her are the vintage ones I steal from her albums.  Mom on her first trip to Paris when she was just 21. 

Oh, and I know I've been a very, very absentee blogger.  After the Sandy fiasco, being homeless for two months and moving back into the city with not much (I had never owned furniture beyond my room at this point), I felt I just wanted to LIVE.  Not worry about anything.  But I really miss this creative outlet.

I just gave the blog a very quick and fresh facelift.  I promise I'll stay more on top of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment