Monday, August 1, 2011

Savage Hair: Guido Palau for Alexander McQueen

Last weekend I went to The Met to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit, Savage Beauty. After 2 hours of waiting in the longest line I've ever seen (no joke) I finally made it in and took it all in. I was mesmerized by the dresses, the tailoring, the creativity of his shows, the way he used nature as inspiration and how he looked at what people thought as ugly and recreated it in his pieces.

Something else that really caught my attention during the exhibit were the head pieces on the mannequins. Each collection featured a different one; one that fitted perfectly with the clothes. I jotted down the name of the artist, Guido Palau, and googled him after getting home. Wow, what a resume. His hairstyles have been seen in the runways of Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, Lanvin, Alexander Wang, Versace, Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent, Ralph Lauren and, of course, Alexander McQueen (to name a few). He is the force behind today's hair trends and I can definitely see why. From the looks below, I'm sure you can too.

The headsets:









The styles:















No comments:

Post a Comment