Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Quick Bite: Mexican Pizza

One of the greatest blessings I received this year was that my office moved literally 5 minutes from my house.  As an advantage, I sometimes go home during lunch and eat in peace, and also save money.  The other day, I had forgotten to bring food to work but really didn't have much in the apartment.  I decided to go home to scour the fridge and think of something to make.  I remembered I had some leftover fresh deli meat from a few days ago and cheese.  So, I made a healthy version of a "Mexican pizza". No servi-carro trip to Taco Bell required (I wish).



Healthy Mexican Pizza Recipe:

- Two corn tortillas
- Slices of turkey breast
- Mexican blend shredded cheese (low fat)
- Bean medley
- 3 chopped cherry tomatoes
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Salsa

Assemble the Mexican pizza by creating a "sandwich" from the turkey, cheese and two tortillas.  Heat olive oil in a pan. Place the tortilla "sandwich" and cook in each side until crispy and cheese is melted.  Move to a plate.  Top with beans, tomatoes, alfalfa and a dollop of salsa.  

No comments:

Post a Comment