Monday, October 17, 2011

Vintage on 17th St.

I love walking around this city, especially in the more "residential" areas (so no Lexington Ave, or Herald Square, yuck).  This weekend while taking a stroll through Chelsea I stumbled upon Pippin Vintage Jewelry and I was transported through time for a split second.  The pins, the watches, the gorgeous cocktail rings make you want to drop a grand in things that you wish your grandma had bought a long time ago.  
I fell in love with this eye catching gold disk from the 1800's.  With a pin converter it would have made an awesome necklace but I held back and bought silk scarves instead.  Chic and cheap.  I don't worry, that disk will find its way back to me eventually.




My Old is New Again Vera Neumann silk scarf that I'll be proudly displaying as a tribute to New Orleans.  I love the fleur de lis.


No comments:

Post a Comment