Sunday, February 13, 2011

Derek Lam Fall 2011: "There are no new steps only new combinations"

Today I had passes to the Derek Lam show at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. This is my third time going and I can honestly say that this was by far my favorite show. He blew the audience away.

Beautiful tailored coats, colored-blocked pants, clean lines, simple yet rich palette and flowing long dresses are a few of the words that I can think of when describing the collection. To top if of, he picked the most original soundtrack for the runway. It was classical music but very staccato. It gave the collection a very whimsical feel.

The show featured innovated fabrics recently created by mills as a result of increased pricing for cashmere, cotton, merino wool and silk. Some of the new fabrics were combinations of say, silk with nylon or cashmere with fur. So, if one word could be used to describe his collection it would be: genius.




Oh, hi Nina.










BRAVO.

And now we play....



Watching the Lela Rose show at the TRESemme lounge. My friends and I ended up getting our hair styled. I came out looking like a Texan pageant queen.





No comments:

Post a Comment